Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wow

Is it ever easy to overeat here. I woke up at like 2 am last night really hungry for some reason. My daughter had left a box of peanut butter Girl Scout Cookies in my room, and rather than banging around downstairs in the dark I just ate 4 of them. So that's 6 points right off the bat, and I hadn't even gotten up yet. My meals were fairly normal. Smoothie for breakfast, mac and cheese and grapefruit for lunch, pizza quesadilla for dinner. If I had left it at that I wouldn't have gone over my daily points by more than one. But nooooooo. I had two Thin Mints and a handful of cashews to the tune of 7 points total. We had grapes. I could have had grapes. But I didn't eat grapes.

I cannot wait to get back home, because I would never have multiple boxes of Girl Scout cookies or two pound bags of cashews lying around my apartment. If I want something sweet or snacky I generally have to get dressed, step outside, and walk to the store.

But I am super stressed as well. I have been having some minor health issues that have gotten worse since I got here, and while it presented no real danger I have been extremely uncomfortable. I basically feel like I have to go to the bathroom all the time. Even when I've just gone. It's bad enough during the day, but at night it's excruciating. I'd eventually just pass out from sheer exhaustion, and then wake up and start the cycle again in a few hours. I finally had my dad drive me to the urgent care clinic today. The NP confirmed that I don't have a UTI (I know. It never is.) and though she wants me to get a more complete work up when I get back she thinks it's probably just an overactive bladder. She gave me some medication samples. I'm hoping it helps because I don't know how much more of this I can take.

My boyfriend gets here tomorrow. I'm happy to see him, but at the same time I just want to get the hell out of this state. It has been far from a relaxing vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment