Thursday, March 31, 2011

I am not going to let little lemon pies get the best of me!

little lemon pie

Aren't they adorable? Grr. So creamy and good too. I ate four yesterday (and another this morning before breakfast). I'm sure it's no coincidence that I also started my period yesterday (Wasn't I just on it? Why yes, I was. That's a whole other subject entirely.) I also ate some jalapeno chips, a couple tablespoons of cookie dough, and some random candy at work. Yes, I tracked it, and I did have the points for it. I also didn't eat myself sick again, so that is some progress.

I think I am in need of a new strategy though. I have noticed that I almost always want some sweets in the evening after dinner. This is not reduced if I have been eating sweets all day. It just means I wind up eating a lot MORE sweets over the course of the day. But what does sometimes happen is I am not hungry enough for all of the healthy food I am supposed to be eating, so it gets skipped, and the points just get replaced with junk food.

I'm not against junk food. If I try to avoid it completely then I just wind up eating unrestrained portions of it at some point in the future. But it should not be replacing my regular healthy food. I have struggled with this since I started my medication which caused appetite loss. I'd go entire days without eating a single serving of fruits or vegetables, but since I wasn't gaining any weight from it and sometimes even losing weight, I just let it continue.

Anyway, I know it's not good for me, and I need to stop. I think I can start with not letting myself have sweets unless I have already eaten whichever meals I should have eaten by then. If I still want it after that and have the points, fine. I am not working today and I can't believe how hard this is. I already caved once today and had a pudding cup while my lunch was cooking, but at least I ate my lunch right after. It's almost four now. If I want to snack on something before dinner, there is fruit. Anything else will have to wait till after dinner. I mean it this time!

I need to run to the grocery store shortly and pick up some things for dinner, plus the stuff I am low on or out of. For dinner I am planning on sauteeing the last two Tofurkey Italian sausages, some zucchini and the rest of the mushrooms, then mixing them with marinara sauce, covering it with mozzarella and some parmesan and baking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment