Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Back to work

Today was my first day back at work in five weeks. I hurt my back at the gym almost two months ago. I'm starting back at only four hours a day and will work my way up from there. I had no pain today, and everything went great.

I've been doing great with my eating too. Today I had a cranbran Vitatop with a pumpkin smoothie for breakfast. The pumpkin smoothie had a frozen banana, a cup of soy milk, a half cup of canned pumpkin, a packet of splenda, and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. For lunch I had a tuna sandwich on light whole wheat bread and some boiled baby white potatoes tossed with salt, pepper and olive oil. For dinner I cooked up some chicken, red peppers and mushrooms in a skillet and added Santa Fe Philly cooking cream and some frozen corn I had microwaved.

Chicken breast, red peppers, mushrooms, and corn with Santa Fe Philly cooking cream and cheese

I also made the lemon pie from last week's WW weekly booklet. I couldn't find any fat free condensed milk so I just used the regular stuff. I also made ten individual servings in those little silicone muffin cups so I only used half as many graham crackers and half the butter. The points wound up the same. They turned out sooo good. Here's the exact recipe I used:

3 reduced fat graham crackers
1 T butter
11 oz can condensed sweetened milk
2 eggs
juice from one large lemon
zest from one large lemon

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mash up crackers into fine crumbs (I put them in a baggie and just broke them with my fingers). Put them in a bowl and add 1T melted butter. Mix well and pat into the bottom of each muffin cup. Place in fridge while mixing the filling.

Mix eggs into condensed milk until smooth. Add lemon juice and zest and mix until well incorporated. Spoon filling into each muffin cup (about 3 tablespoons per cup). Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and refrigerate. Serve chilled for best flavor.

Each serving is 4 points. The recipe says you can freeze the portions too. I'd like to try this again with limes and lime juice.

1 comment:

  1. Don't let going back to work, and the stress of returning to work cause you to eat. I say that to you so that I will hear it for myself. Work, unless you have the most perfect job--is incredibly stressful. Sometimes stress is linked to overeating. You can return to work and stay on plan!! We're rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete