Thursday, March 17, 2011

Can't decide if today was an epic fail or just a near miss

So pretty much nothing wound up how I planned except for dinner. The bananas my dad had picked up were still horrifically green, and I had planned to use them in my smoothie. I woke up already pissed because my phone is still messed up (more on that later). I wasn't in the mood to think about it, so I just ate a protein bar.

Next, my dad said he had to go into town and asked if we wanted him to drop us off at the mall for a couple hours. From 11-2. I was desperate to get out of the house, so we had lunch there. Not a big deal. I got some chicken soft tacos at a taco place in the food court, and a diet lemonade from Hot Dog on a Stick. The lemonade was awesome. No problem there. The chicken soft tacos had no seasoning and no taco sauce. The taco place did not have taco sauce either (wtf?). I ate one, and threw the other in my bag as it was wrapped in foil. I guess I'll eat it tomorrow with... oh, I don't know... taco sauce? The mall had wifi, and I tried using it on my phone, but even though it detected and connected to the signal I was still unable to use anything requiring a data connection. DAMMIT! So we're wandering around the mall, I'm tired and annoyed. I wind up buying and eating four honey straws, an ounce of sour balls, and six of those filled Twizzlers (god I love those). Doesn't sound like too much, but man was it a decent number of points.

On the way home we stopped at the store. I picked up some some magazines, yellow bananas, a few grapefruit, and a container of cut up strawberries, pineapple, and blueberries, which I split with my daughter when we got home. I called Verizon, cancelled my mobile hotspot, and talked with tier two tech support who told me that unfortunately nothing could be done since we know it's for sure a problem with my phone.

We had spaghetti for dinner, as planned, and I ate the amount I had planned on eating. No surprises there. I decided against making cookies with my daughter because that would have just killed my day. Instead we made pudding from scratch. Only four servings, and four people. I ate two girl scout cookies while cooking it (WHY?!). I used the recipe for vanilla pudding, but adapted it a bit by using 1/4 cup of fresh tangerine juice and some tangerine zest from the seriously old tangerines in the fridge that I'm scared to eat. I thought it was good, but my daughter didn't like it. I asked her if she wanted some cookies instead. She did not. She wanted the rest of the garlic toast from dinner. Weirdo. I put her pudding in the fridge for my mom to take to work tomorrow. Possibly the best decision I made all day.

So, all said and done I used up every last weekly point I had. Tomorrow it resets, so no real issue there. But this is the week where it gets tricky, because tomorrow night we are going to my cousin's for St. Patrick's day and I have no idea what they will have there. I can't look things up on my phone either. Saturday, after my boyfriend gets here, we are meeting up with several of my friends at a local burger place. I'm pretty confident about that since my MO is to just get a normal sized cheeseburger and a diet soda. If I'm careful I can probably stay within my points that day, or close. Sunday we are going to Humpy's downtown. It's on the tour of places Adam Richman ate at on the Alaska episode of Man V. Food and my BF really wants to go. I need to look at their menu, but they have lots of fresh seafood, so I think it might not be too bad.

Monday is going to be killer though. We're driving my daughter six hours to Fairbanks, where she lives, and then six hours back, all in one day. And the second stop of the Man V. Food tour is the Talkeetna Roadhouse. Nothing they have is small or light. They have dinner plate sized cinnamon rolls. I'm planning to get one to share with my daughter, and let her take the rest home. It's going to be pointy but worth it. My dad also wants to have lunch at Chili's before we drive back. Seriously. And I promised my BF we'd hit up a Taco Bell before leaving since we don't live near one and thus never go. He hasn't been to one in years. I'm not taking a bus just to go to a Taco Bell, so we just haven't been. I think I can make this work if I really watch it every place that I can. Having the mobile app would be really nice though. Maybe I can downoad it to my boyfriend's phone since his should work fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment