Thursday, March 10, 2011

No more screwing around

Ok, I woke up for the second time today with cramps. It's rarely more than one day in a row anyway, so tomorrow I'm getting back on track, but I need to stop using that as an excuse anyway, because truthfully it wasn't THAT bad today (yesterday it was).

I used about 10 weeklies, partly on candy and I got a smoothie for lunch instead of making food at home. I also got an order of protein bars and stuff in today and I just HAD to try a couple of them. Sigh. I had enough weeklies to cover it, but the point is that for the last two days I have been veering way off of my plans and I need to knock it off. I haven't gotten in all of my good health guidelines for the last two days, I'm eating way too much sugar, not enough dairy, lean protein, or healthy oils, and the bare minimum of fruits and vegetables. The other reason I need to get back on track is because I am leaving on Sunday and I want to use up the rest of the perishable food. My BF won't be joining me for a week, but I know he's not going to eat it. He lives off of protein shakes and take-out when I'm not around.

I didn't go to the weigh in this morning. Partly because of the cramps, partly because I figured out I can do it tomorrow, and partly because I knew I was going to show a gain. After today though, I know there's going to be a gain anyway. I should be done with physical therapy at noon and the meeting starts at 12:15. I think I can get out of there a few minutes early, but even if not I can at least go weigh in.

I have contemplated skipping the weigh in and just going to the meeting. But I think I should do it. I normally weigh myself every day anyway, but it's one thing for me to know I gained, and another for someone else to know that. It's only my third weigh in. But deep down I know I haven't eaten enough for it to be a fat gain, and I know I've just been bloated from the TOM plus some extra sodium. Eventually I will show a gain anyway. I should just get it over with and move on.

So tomorrow I am setting a goal for myself. I have planned out my food for tomorrow as I always do. It's 29 points altogether. It's delicious, healthy, and more than enough food. I'm sticking to it. I won't have as much control over the food choices in Alaska, so I can't blow through all of my weeklies before I even get there. Here's what I have planned:

Breakfast:
two turkey sausage links
protein pancakes from a mix with 1/4 cup thawed frozen berries on top
smoothie made with yogurt, soy milk, and 3/4 cup frozen berries

Lunch:
whole wheat wrap with salmon, lettuce, tomato, olive oil, and dressing

Dinner:
baked flounder with dill yogurt sauce, mashed cauliflower with goat cheese

Snacks:
clementine
string cheese
cappuccino protein shake blended with 1/2 cup frozen yogurt and 2 T whipped topping


On the subject of using things up, I made something pretty great for dinner tonight. I made a cauliflower pizza crust last weekend, and we still had lots of pizza stuff left over. But we didn't have anything crust-like to use with it. All we had were some whole wheat tortillas. So I heated a tsp of olive oil in the skillet then threw a tortilla in there. I sprinkled it with 1.5 oz mozzarella, dropped a little pizza sauce around it evenly, put chopped tomatoes and a few pieces of pepperoni on one side, then folded it over and cooked it on each side until the tortilla was golden brown and crispy. Then I just cut it into wedges, and ate it. So awesome! If I had thought about it I'd have heated up a little pizza sauce on the side for dipping, but it was great on it's own. I can't wait to try it out on my daughter. She's very un-picky anyway, but when I get something right she makes me feel like the best cook in the world.

So, I will go forth as planned tomorrow and I will report back with how it went. Still not sure if I'm going to weigh in or not. I'm not going to lie. It sort of depends on what my weight is before I leave the house (I know the exact difference between my scale at home and the one at WW).

No comments:

Post a Comment