Saturday, May 14, 2011

New shoes


I got these in the mail yesterday. One of my clients had a pair, and I loved them so I ordered my own as soon as I could. They are Crocs!! I have had a pair of the slip-on flats for a while, and have been wanting some heels too, but I wanted them to be made completely out of the Crocs material. A lot of their dressier shoes aren't. Living in Seattle and walking a lot I just found my regular shoes were falling apart because they got wet all the time. It didn't matter if they were cheap or expensive. With Crocs, eventually the soles wear down some, but they are virtually indestructible. They are a little expensive, but they last me so much longer.

I also got a pair of black DKNY pants from Listia.com in the mail the other night, and DAMN they look hot. I never understood the appeal of designer clothes before, but I am starting to get it.

Last night I peeled and chopped up a sweet potato and boiled it till it was soft. Then I mashed it with a tsp of canola oil, a T of brown sugar, a couple squirts of sugar free maple syrup, and a dash of salt. It was pretty good. I'd have it again.

Along with my usual breakfast shake today I am planning to have vegetarian baked beans for lunch, and am going to try pureeing canned peaches packed with Splenda. Like applesauce only peachsauce. At least I hope! I've also been drinking a small glass of white grapefruit juice for the past couple of days to get some variety into my fruit servings. So far it's been nothing but applesauce and bananas.

I have a birthday party to go to tonight for a good friend of mine I have known 14(!!!) years. We went to college (!!!) together. Wow, I feel pretty old. I am making a couple things to take so I can use up some of the food in the fridge that I just don't have the appetite for right now. Jeremy, for some reason, won't eat them, and I don't want them to go bad.

I am making fruit salad, my usual style, but a little different this time. I usually mix a couple T of honey with the juice from one lime, and 6-7 chunks of candied ginger chopped up small. This is the dressing. The ginger soaks up the lime juice and the sugar dissolves. The resulting product tastes really good. Then I just dice up whatever fruit is cheap into a big bowl and toss it together. But this time I thawed out some raspberries and added that to the dressing too. I have kiwi, strawberries, and champagne mangoes. I also have some clementines, but I'll have to check and see if they are still any good.

The other dish is a total experiment. I am making pasta salad. I cooked the penne last night and while it was still hot I mixed in 4 oz of goat cheese and just enough milk to make it into a creamy sauce. Today I'm going to add chopped apples and celery to it. I don't know if it's going to be good or not.

I'm not really sure how tonight is going to go. Neither of the things I'm bringing are something I'd want to eat right now. It's a BBQ. It's unlikely anyone else will bring anything soft, mushy, and bland. We're taking the bus, so hot foods don't work so well. I have a bunch of pudding mix. Maybe I can make some of that and fancy it up somehow.

Can I just say that this is the weirdest side effect I have ever heard of or experienced? I guess it can fall under loss of appetite. It just seems weird for that to include only being able to handle certain foods. And not wanting foods that I used to love in the slightest. I just feel more hopeful this time knowing it will get back to normal. It will take some time, but it will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment